A huge thanks to all our Water Heroes. Meet Kate Keegan who lives out near Inglewood and has brought in 20 litres of rainwater for NPDC staff.
Update: 4pm, Tuesday, February 27
• Please be patient and continue to boil water.
• More than 200 water tests have been taken over the first day of water sampling, from 58 locations around the district.
• The first samples are now at the lab in Wellington being tested. It can take up to four days to get a result.
• Preliminary results of the sampling so far are looking really good.
• It is still expected to be about a week before the boil water notice is lifted.
• We are testing to make sure we have enough chlorine in our water and to make sure there is no bacteria in the water.
• We have crews on the ground working around the clock as we continue to reboot and flush the system. Please let us know if you notice anything unusual.
• We’ll be continuing with the testing and flushing until we’re 100 per cent sure the water is safe before we lift the boil water notice.
• All water restrictions have been lifted across the entire New Plymouth District.
• Two water tankers are being moved to Western and Central New Plymouth later this afternoon.
• The new water tanker locations are the TSB Stadium carpark (beside the racecourse) and the clubrooms at Ngamotu Domain (off Pioneer Road).
• The move will give residents on the Western side of the city easier access to drinking water if it is required.
• The water tankers will remain in place until the boil water notice is lifted.
• A huge thanks to all our Water Heroes such as Kate Keegan who lives out near Inglewood and has brought in 20 litres of rainwater for NPDC staff in central New Plymouth.
Attribution, Jacqueline Baker, NPDC spokesperson.
The tankers will operate from 6am to 9pm until the boil water notice is lifted at the following sites:
• Bell Block Court, Bell Block (outside The Warehouse).
• Outside Waitara Memorial Hall, Memorial Place, Waitara.
• Clifton Park car park, opposite Waitara High School, Princess Street, Waitara.
• Outside Tennis/Bowling Club, Manutahi Road, Lepperton.
• Rimu Street Industrial Park, Rimu Street, Merrilands, New Plymouth.
• Ngamotu Domain clubrooms, carpark, off Pioneer Rd.
• TSB Stadium car park (beside the racecourse) New Plymouth
• Urenui Corner Whakapaki Street & Ngakoti Streets opposite the primary school.